InHouse Marketing is an approved Commercial Advisor for the Te Pūnaha Hiringa: Māori Innovation Fund for 2017–18. This a $3 million per year fund, which invests in initiatives that contribute to achieving the goals and priorities in He kai kei aku ringa (the Crown-Māori Economic Growth Partnership) and the Business Growth Agenda.
The scheme funds Māori collectives up to $60,000 to work with a Commercial Advisor for up to 18 months. Grants through the scheme will cover 75% of the total cost of the commercial innovation advice delivered, with collectives contributing the remaining 25%. It is open to collectives at a range of stages of commercial development, from initial options analyses and feasibility studies, through to business case development, strategic planning, or market analysis and expansion.
Our role as Advisors is to offer professional business advice and mentoring as we work with collectives on business development projects aimed at realising the potential commercial value of the collective’s assets.
Marise has been working with Te Kaahui o Rauru, a South Taranaki iwi as a Commercial Advisor since October 2015 on a new innovative healthy beverage that is now very close to market launch. As the Commercial Advisor, Marise has guided the team through the product development process, to ensure a profitable and uniquely positioned product will be launched.
For more information on the scheme contact us or go to http://www.mbie.govt.nz.